23 July 2006

Foretaste of the Future

Those of us filled with the Spirit of Christ (a.k.a. Holy Spirit) have something very unique that we don't often ponder. Romans 8 is clear that the Spirit of Christ dwelling in us is a foretaste of the future glory we'll have in eternal life with Christ. In other words, each moment we spend with the Holy Spirit points to that great time we'll have in God's forever!

This encourages me mostly because I can see the hand of the Holy Spirit on and around me a lot lately. For example, yesterday morning in prayer I was so caught up in communicating with the Spirit that I didn't realize I spent my whole morning (before work) already. I just kept praying and listening, feeling the calm sense of His joy. For another example, Natasha and I were eating dinner the other night when the Holy Spirit guided our conversation to affirm some reservations I had about a particular ministry opportunity. He opened our eyes to see exactly what we'd face if we moved in that direction. His presence is all around us, guiding our thoughts, our hearts, our spirits, our everything. And this is only one small glimpse! What are some examples you can give us?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lynn.
HEY!! so the days are flying by..
but I just wanted to let you know i now have a myspace.
www.myspace.com/missikristine
it's pretty sweet.