31 July 2006

It All Happened So Quickly

Have you ever experienced something spiritually after which you marvelled at how quickly everything happened? For me I can remember one of the most recent times I had to ask God specifically for His forgiveness. I had not planned on sinning, but I didn't follow a leading the Holy Spirit gave me. As a result, I ended up crying out to the Lord because I realized how far I still have to go in spiritual obedience. Though I approached the Lord with a feeling of dread, I was shocked at how quickly He turned that dread to joy, reminding me over and over again that He loves me! I think that's what it was like for Hezekiah in 2 Chr 29:36. "And Hezekiah and all the people rejoiced because of what God had done for the people, for everything had been accomplished so quickly."

It seems to me that many spiritual victories are won over time. This is certainly emphasized in the church circles in which I run. Many people don't see quick victory, so the principle has become, "Spiritual victories happen over time." This is unfortunate. Spiritual victories can happen over time. BUT we can also find ourselves like the Israelites, marveling at how quickly everything is taking place. When you pray for a vision of God, His might, His activity, His love, His forgiveness, His grace, His mercy, His movement, His whatever, pray in faith believing that He's going to do it and let Him take the time He wants. EVEN IF THAT IS VERY QUICKLY! Open your spirit to Him and let Him control what happens.

Today I pray Psalm 24:7-10 over my spirit (and yours), "Open up, ancient gates! Open up, ancient doors, and let the King of glory enter. Who is the King of glory? The Lord, strong and mighty; the Lord, invincible in battle. Open up, ancient gates! Open up, ancient doors, and let the King of glory enter. Who is the King of glory? The Lord of Heaven's Armies - He is the King of glory."

No comments: