02 July 2006

Two Songs from My Lifesong

This morning my response to the Lord can be elaborated in the lyrics of two songs written by a pastor I know. May you be blessed as I have by lyrics that speak our great pursuit of the One who perfectly and relentlessly pursues us!

"I Lay It All Down"
I lay it all down, I give you my heart.
I'm learning to die is where my life starts.
I lay down my rights and take up my cross,
Knowing I gain so much more than I've lost.
So I'll be a sacrifice, my life an offering,
I'll die so I will truly live.
I'll drink Your cup, oh Christ,
My soul filled with your life,
And pour Your love upon this world.


"We Want You"

We want you, Lord;
We need you, Lord;
To come and meet us,
To come and feed us.
To feast upon Your presence in this place,
To drink Your Holy Spirit with dry souls,
To be renewed, Lord,
To be with You, Lord.

No comments: