29 July 2006

Simple

It's simple today. I just want to praise the Lord. There were so many themes of praise in today's reading, and there are many reasons to praise Him in my personal life! He's enduringly good, so let's praise Him today. (If you read this, post at least one - you're encouraging everyone else who reads it in so doing.....)

- We stand in God's favor when we seek Him above all other things. My journey lately has been to seek Him above anything else. I'm certainly finding Him! For example, I had 22.5 hours at work this week. Just last night I sold almost $8000 worth of product. On average, that's a $300 work day! I drove home realizing that it wasn't me. That was standing in the Lord's favor after I prayed about the low hours. (Please note that God's favor CANNOT be measured by financial gain. This is about His not needing work hours to provide for our needs.)

- He speaks peace to everyone! Zechariah 9 even says that He speaks peace to the heathen; how much more peace can we experience when we dwell in His presence? I experience that peace when I reflect in His presence, looking out my back picture window with an outstanding view.

- He paves the way for His own work. I've not had to seek one opportunity yet to be a witness at work. He always puts me in the right place at the right time. He's also brought other ministry opportunities seemingly "ex nihilo."

1 comment:

me said...

I am so thankful for the place God has brought me to. Metro Wes is exactly where I need to be and God has been providing for my needs!

I know I am blessed. I get overwhelmed ever time I think about it.