21 July 2006

One of My Favorites

One of my favorite passages of Scripture is the powerful experience recorded in 2 Chr 5:13-14. After months (even years) of preparation, the Temple was ready. The priests were assembled, and the musicians went wild in their praise before God. What was God's response? HE DESCENDED INTO THE TEMPLE IN A CLOUD OF HIS PRESENCE!! That's right; He literally mad eHimself manifest before all the worshipers gathered in Jerusalem that day. The site that had previously been one of turmoil (when David fell in contrition before the angel of the Lord on Araunah's threshing floor) was now one of great joy, ecstasy, humility, awe, wonder, fear, and any other emotion you might be able to think of. Praise Him!

I sat in my chair this morning praying, "God, could that be true in me? Could you sweep into this temple in such manifest presence?" After all, our bodies are the temple of the Holy Spirit, so why not? I've been in preparation for days, weeks, months, and years to be the temple I am right now. I plan on continuing that preparation until God makes me a glorified temple for Himself in Heaven. Still, I long for the Lord's presence to descend on me - not just part of me, but all of me. Not just in me, but on me, around me, beneath me, above me, beside me, taking me over. I want my present filling of the Holy Spirit to grow and increase, shrouding me in a cloud of the Father's presence, reforming me into the type of a Holy Spirit baptism that submerges me into depths unknown in the Lord. I pray believing that is happening now, believing that the feeling I have is an indicator of things I may not able to write about coherently. Bless the Lord!! (And pray for me.)

No comments: